Friday 24 January 2014

Zatchels Satchel Review

Zatchels Customised Satchel Bag Review

Today's post is a review of the beautiful bag that I received as a Christmas present that I thought I'd show to you all as they have some excellent deals on at the moment and I was really impressed with the service. At the beginning of January Zatchels had a 40% off sale so I took full advantage of this and bought myself a black satchel.

I'd been looking for a large over the shoulder black bag for when I start properly working after uni. I needed something that I could fit an umbrella and a diary in, but one that would also be compact and allow me to move more easily. I already have a black bag which suits a lot of my needs but I wanted one with a long strap which my other one doesn't. I also wanted a bag that would look smart but not be too formal so I could use it during the day. And I also wanted something that would last. After searching around for ages and finding nothing I liked I stumbled across Zatchels who I'd heard of before but always found that they were out of my budget, but armed with my Christmas money I went ahead and found a bag that I really really liked.


Zatchels Customised Satchel Bag
Showing off my fancy photography skills
Zatchels Customised Satchel Bag Review

Zatchels Customised Satchel Bag Review

Zatchels Customised Satchel Bag Review

I wasn't sure how the engraving would turn out but I think it looks really nice. The bag only took about 7 days to be delivered even though I'd requested my initials to be engraved (£20.00) and for the top handle to be added (£6). In total I paid £91 for a 13" full leather bag with added handle and engraving. Right now they have 60% off selected ranges which makes them excellent value. I was amazed with how sturdy the bag is and I'm confident it's going to last me a lifetime. The service was excellent too, I was impressed that it arrived so quickly and they were quick to answer me when I tweeted them a question.

Edit: I forgot to mention their free repairs service! They guarantee their bags for life, so if the stitching comes undone (which usually happens around the bottom corners) then all you have to do is send is back to them and they will repair it free of charge. How nice :)

If you are looking for a strong long lasting satchel which isn't going to cripple you, I can't recommend Zatchels enough! 


4 comments:

  1. gorgeous bag, lo ve your blog!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's lovely, a wonderful investment! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely an investment piece but gorgeous nonetheless!
      Thank you for stopping by :)
      x

      Delete

Did you know that in the film Toy Story, Sid's hallway carpet is the same design as the hallway carpet in The Shining? That's well creepy.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeres Jonny!