Thursday 20 March 2014

Schwarzkopf got2b Texturizing Salt Spray Review


schwarzkopf got2b beach matt texturizing salt spray review

In my quest for beautiful hair I've been trying a lot of styling products and blogging about them. Today's post is a review of the Schwarzkopf got2b beach matt mermaid look Texturizing Salt Spray (what a long name!) which promises to give texture and body without that gross crispy feeling. The 'mermaid' look has exploded in popularity recently, seriously just look for #mermaid on Instagram and you'll see what I mean. Will this product give me the beautiful boho locks I've been lusting after?

Who wouldn't want to look like Ariel?
I purchased the spray from Fragrance Direct for £2.99 while it is usually £4 in Superdrug (although right now it's on offer for £2). It smells really good, like the Natural Collection Samphire and Sea Minerals Body Spray from Boots, which has a classic summery 'beach' smell which isn't overpowering but enough to notice. You're supposed to spray the product on to towel dried or dry hair and then style how you like. This works really well if you use it before putting into a bun or rolled up style as it helps to build body and will give you gorgeous wavy hair once you put your hair down making this an amazing lazy girl product. Who has time to spend hours on hair?!

schwarzkopf got2b beach matt texturizing salt spray review

This is the look I created using my GHDs, personally I think it looks a little too messy. I think the product is a little too wet and takes a smidge too long to dry. If you leave it enough time to dry or dry with a hairdryer the waves turn out a lot better, so do not attempt to wave hair with heat until the products has dried completely! I'd also avoid using this product any where near your roots as it can come off a little greasy looking even though it is supposed to be matt.

Overall, it's not a bad product as long as you aren't in the habit of waving your hair with heat. If you want to get good looking natural waves, spray in the mid lengths of damp hair, dry a little with a hair dryer and then put your hair up in a bun and leave it for a few hours. Perfect style with minimal effort!

Brushing my hair with a fork was probably where I went wrong
How do you create beachy waves? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know that in the film Toy Story, Sid's hallway carpet is the same design as the hallway carpet in The Shining? That's well creepy.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeres Jonny!