Sunday, 24 May 2015

'Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you deal with it'


'Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you deal with it'


I've decided to finally take responsibility for my debt, some £3360 owed in rent arrears.

£3360...

I'll let that sink in for a moment.

I know I needed some time to digest this news once it dawned on me.

***

It sounds ridiculous that someone, who has been so clever and careful with money their entire life, would find themselves up the proverbial body of water with no means of propulsion, but it happened.

I'd love to be able to blame this on the situation that lead me to leave my 'Stunning Plush City Centre Apartment' (as I'd described it on SpareRoom) but it was my own fault. Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you deal with it and I dealt with it 100% terribly. Or not at all depending on which way you view not paying your rent, I'm for the latter personally.

I was in a bad place emotionally, I was stressed at work and found myself tied into another housing contract, one which if I didn't pay would leave me homeless. For a very long time I acted as if I had a hold on the situation whilst actively being inactive. I didn't tell anyone the gravity of the situation for a good few months, I had internal guilt whilst externally portraying the part of a fully fledged adult. I didn't want anyone to worry about me even though life was spiralling out of control. I was feeling worse and worse about myself and the debt was stacking higher and higher.

Fast forward to today and I now owe £3360, the equivalent of £420 per month over 8 months. I have decided to take responsibility for it because life is 10% what happens and 90% how you deal with it.




I'd like to say a massive thank you to my friends who've supported me through the last year or so. You are all truly diamonds. Special thanks to - Heavygate Boys, Pootpoot, Droy, Girkin, Amber and Mike.

1 comment:

  1. PootPoot loves you and is very excited she got a special mention <3

    ReplyDelete

Did you know that in the film Toy Story, Sid's hallway carpet is the same design as the hallway carpet in The Shining? That's well creepy.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeres Jonny!